Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Winter

Winter has landed on us with both feet.

I live in the mountains, and was snowed in for a couple of days. I'm staying with my mother-in-law (down the hill, as we say) for the next few days, waiting for the storm to pass. Can't spare the time off from work.

Down in the flatlands, it's raining hard. Traffic will be a challenge for folks today.

But, with winter, comes the snow. Adventureboy loves the snow. And well he should...he doesn't have to scrape ice off the windshield, dig the car out of a drift, or hack a path down the driveway to the street, nor drive in it.

On the other hand, what the hell. He plays in the snow until he's numb, drags himself in to warm up with some hot chocolate and then he's out sledding again. I drag myself out there to sled with him, too. I've discovered that getting air on the sleds is tougher on my old bones than on his. It is time for us together though, and I do my best to spend some time with him like that. One of my few stated goals as a parent was to ensure my son had good memories, and a lot of them.

Coming soon: Doubly Standard Procedure Watch resumes, and a few words on Magic and Empty Suits.

Be safe.

No comments: