Sunday, January 11, 2009

2009

Will, for me, be a year of doing.

In recovery circles, they stress we are human "beings," not human "doings." What they want to convey is that we are more than our accomplishments. I am not my car/clothes/fashion accessories, for example, but we have a worth separate from the externals we use to busy up our lives.

While there is value in remembering that, it seems to me that too much of my life, and modern life, is about observing/reading/commenting on other people's lives, failings, and foul ups, and far too little about the ways I move in the world. If I'm commenting on the Emperor's new clothes, that takes time away from my opportunity to be God's hands and feet in the world.

Looking out there keeps me from being right here.

Anyway, my goals for 2009:

  • Finish the Ironman (cramped up badly on last part of the bike ride, and only got out 8 miles of the run)
  • Start a Podcast of my novel, The Big Bang
  • Get a script to Hugh Jackman's company
  • Finish another script
  • Learn and use Neuro-Linguistic programming (yeah, it's kind of wacky, but parts of it seem to make sense...

More goals will be added, I'm sure, as they occur to me.

More Doing, Less Watching

No comments: