Saturday, October 25, 2008

The nicer stuff in life

Blogging may get a little lighter, but not because there's less happening.

I've started work on volume two of The Lonesome George Chronicles. Volume One, The Big Bang, is available at Barnes and Noble.com and Amazon. So, writing and research will take up a little time.

Speaking of research, I ran across a fascinating story of a well-meaning public figure being used by our enemies to make America look very bad. I'll have more on that tomorrow.

Here at Chez Jiggy, we're soft touches for abandoned animals. We have four cats; two of them strays we picked up off the street, one we got from a shelter. The two dogs were more deliberate acquisitions.

AdventureBoy loves animals...possibly got that from his old Dadman. He's nearly 15 now, but still very sweet most of the time. One of the things he likes to do, even now, is play with the cats.

Many times I've been in the bedroom, reading with the door open, and I'll hear pounding feet. Look up, and my giggling boy/tween will be running down the hall, dragging a stuffed animal on a string behind him, with one of the cats running full tilt intent on capturing its "prey."

They're both having fun. And he'll do this for an hour or more.

It is a memory I hope I carry to my grave. Too much of my brain is stuffed with the ugliness I've see (or perpetrated myself)...I pray God is merciful at the end of my life, and allows me remember the kindness, the sweetness, the good and the generous people who surround us if only we let ourselves see.

Go look for the Light today.

No comments: